Well that is the first quarter of 2021 gone – yes already you say!! With time, life and everything else speeding by, we – well I do more often than not – sometimes just need to remember what the Rules of Life really are:
1. If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance! “Every day above ground is a good day!”
2. Learn to pick your battles; ask yourself, “Will this matter one year from now? How about one month? One week? One day?”
3. The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship are “I apologize” and “you are right.”
4. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
5. You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn’t move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn’t, use the tape.
6. If he/she says that you are too good for him/her — believe them.
7. When you make a mistake, make amends immediately. It’s easier to eat crow while it’s still warm.
8. Living well really is the best revenge. Being miserable because of a bad or former relationship just might mean that the other person was right about you.
9. Work is good, but it’s not that important. Money is nice, but you can’t take it with you. Statistics show most people don’t live to spend all they saved; some die even before they retire. Anything we have isn’t really ours; it was given to us by God; She just let us borrow it while we’re here…. even our kids.
10. Be assured that most of your problems will disappear by themselves if you don’t get too attached to them.
11. Worry is a misuse of the imagination.
12. The wonderful thing about the game of life is that winning and losing are illusions. They are terms that humans created to help us play the game of life by the rules we also created.
I need to keep reminding myself of rules 1, 2, 11 and 12. Which ones resonate with you?